How do we like our hummus? The answer is quite simple: Garlicky, creamy, drizzled with olive oil & sprinkled with za’atar.
Makes: 1.5 cups | 6 servings
- 15 ounces chickpeas (1 can drained, 1 tablespoon of the liquid reserved)
- 1 garlic clove (smashed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black Pepper
- Za’atar Spice
- Pita bread, pita chips or seasonal veggies (for serving)
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas with the liquid, garlic, lemon juice, and tahini and puree to a chunky paste.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and puree until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop the hummus and place it into your bowl.
- Take a big spoon and schmear it in there a little, for optimal food presentation. Drizzle a little olive oil, sprinkle some za’atar spice and serve with pita bread, chips or veggies or all of them! We won’t judge you 😉
For More Information contact us today!